Three is definitely not a crowd when mozzarella, balsamic vinegar, and basil get together on a toasted baguette. This snack’s sophisticated taste masks its simple prep, and it’s a hit whether as a snack or an appetizer.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 8 ounces of balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 french baguette loaf
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan, and heat over low to medium heat until it comes to a slow boil. Allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes. The vinegar will thicken while it cooks. Once the amount that is in the pan reduces by about half, turn the heat off. Pour the vinegar into a bowl to allow to cool. As the vinegar cools it will thicken more and become a glaze.
- Chop the fresh mozzarella.
- Cut the tomatoes in half or thirds to desired size.
- Roll the basil to chop into fine strips. Combine the mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil together and gently stir to mix.
- Slice the baguette into desired slice size. You can toast the baguette if desired, or serve un-toasted. To toast preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Lay the slices down on the foil and cover with butter or olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with the bruschetta on top of the baguette and a balsamic glaze drizzle on top.
From House of Yumm