Just when you thought French toast couldn’t get any better, we add cream cheese and raspberries—and make it dippable!
- 8 slices Aunt Millie’s Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Crunch Bread, toasted
- 3/4 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Maple syrup or honey
Yield: 4 servings
- Trim crusts from bread; save for another use. Use a rolling pin or the palm of your hand to flatten bread.
- Spread cream cheese on each slice, leaving a small border of plain bread all around. Top evenly with jam; roll up into logs.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Roll each log in egg mixture until completely coated.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Place logs, seam-side down, in skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cook, turning as needed, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until browned all over. Serve with warm maple syrup or honey for dipping.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh raspberries for a special presentation.