Traditional bread pudding meets a popular snack spread! Nutella sandwiches form the basis for this marriage of two classics. Is it dessert or breakfast? Maybe it’s both.
- 1 package Aunt Millie's Best Grains Honey & Crunchy Oat Bread
- 1 ½ c. Nutella
- ½ c. pecans, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. sugar
Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 7 slices of bread with some of the Nutella. Top with another slice of bread, making a sandwich. Cut each sandwich into 2” pieces.
- Add sandwich pieces and pecans to an 9” x 13” baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla, salt and sugar. Pour over the top of the sandwich pieces. Let the dish rest so the bread can absorb some of the custard.
- Top with foil, and bake in the oven for 30 min. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until set in the middle