Upgrade the classic grilled cheese sandwich with chicken and hot sauce!
- 8 slices Aunt Millie's Best Grains 12 Grain Bread
- 2 c. cooked chicken, shredded (or one 10-12 oz. can cooked chicken)
- 3 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise, plus 4 additional Tbsp. for bread
- 2 Tbsp. Celery, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Yield: 4 Sandwiches
- Spread one side of each bread slice with 1/2 Tbsp. of the mayonnaise.
- Mix together the chicken, hot sauce, mayonnaise, celery and blue cheese in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Lay down bread with the mayonnaise side down into the skillet.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto each bread slice.
- Top with remaining bread slice.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.