The bacon and an extra slice of bread make it a club sandwich, but homemade garlic aioli (with a hint of cayenne pepper) kicks this one up a notch. Don’t forget to cut it into quarters and serve with toothpicks!
- 12 slices Aunt Millie’s Honey Wheat Bread, toasted
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 6 oz double crème Brie cheese, sliced
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 lb roasted turkey breast, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced very thinly
- Garlic Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Stir together mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and cayenne. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or for up to 3 days.
- Spread Garlic Aioli evenly over slices of bread. Layer arugula, tomato slices and Brie over 4 slices of bread. Top each with a slice of bread, bacon, turkey and onion. Cap with remaining bread.
- Insert 4 toothpicks in each sandwich (1 in each corner). Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Serve with pickles.
Use leftover roasted turkey or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store’s prepared foods section.