A simple chicken salad gets dressed up as a flower! If it’s spring or you’re just wishing it were, these cute and tasty sandwiches will set the mood.
- 18 slices Aunt Millie's Homestyle Buttermilk Bread, crusts removed
- 1 c. cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 18 thin carrot sticks, about 1" long
- 1 bundle green onions
Yield: 18 servings
- Combine chicken, celery, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin and cut into squares.
- Spread each with softened butter and then roll up cornucopia style, overlapping two edges.
- Spoon in desired amount of chicken salad, and place a carrot stick in each sandwich.
- Place green onion into bottom as a stem to the flower.
- Chill for one hour before serving.