Cold soup is a perfect for these hot summer days. Use ripe tomatoes fresh from the garden and impress the whole family with this satisfying lunch!
- 8 slices whole grain bread, cubed
- 2 lbs. tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
Yield: 8 servings
- Chop tomatoes and place into a large bowl. Add the bread cubes, garlic, vinegar, and salt. Let bread absorb liquid for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
- With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil.
- Cover and chill the soup until cold, about 2 hours.
- Divide soup among bowls, and garnish with bacon and sour cream.
- Finish with a bit more olive oil.